Monday 7 April 2014

Mid-GCSEs Drawings

Hello there!
I'll keep the talking stuff in this post short and sweet. The reason I haven't been uploading much recently is because I've been focusing on my GCSEs and there now isn't enough time for me to properly sit down and draw something without neglecting my studies. I've got exams starting in literally 5 weeks so pressure is mounting as we speak. That said, I've managed to draw lots of little sketches and stuff to practice my skills and allow me to quickly learn some new techniques that I think are good enough to put on the blog, so here they are!


1. Life Drawing: Box of Tomatoes
The quality's pretty bad and I can tell you confidently that the drawing looks so much better in real life. This was the first time I tried out my lovely new colour pencils I got for Christmas, just to give you an idea of just how much I haven't been able to draw recently.



2. Hoverbike Manga Concepts
It's probably just as well that it came out blurry, because this is technically a sneak-peek. The less said about it the better. For now.


3. Manga Girl Sketch
This was a drawing of a friend I did, but along with following her request to draw her as a manga character, it also meant I learnt how to do hair AND eyes in one go! Pretty useful practice, and the drawing even looks good too.



4. Layla Michelle-Prince Manga Concept
Man, this is getting a bit obvious now. It looks like I'm going to have to make a separate post about this hoverbike manga I've got planned, because this is the first design for one of the main characters. Her head came out way too big but I like the initial look of her, especially the shoulder pauldron.


That's it for my mid-GCSEs drawings! I'll try and get some more done soon, and I have a few more that I'm doing on the computer that you guys haven't seen anything of yet. Look forward to seeing you guys soon, but it'll most likely be after my exams!

No comments:

Post a Comment